We are accepting applications for Energy Assistance. Please call (203) 748-5422 for a phone interview and to receive an application information.
How is eligibility determined?
|Household Size||Gross Annual Income|
May 31, 2023 is the last day to submit an application for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)
and the Low Income Home Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP).
CAAWC will be accepting applications for the season of 2022-2023 the following ways:
In-Person, Over The Phone, Email, Mail and Pick Up at Office and Online
- Fuel delivery or authorizations deadline is Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
- Last day to submit deliverable fuel bills will be Friday, June 16, 2023.
- The last day that a household can apply to establish it’s eligibility for benefits is Thursday, May 31, 2023.
- Electric, Natural Gas, Oil, Kerosene, Wood, and Wood Pellets CAAWC will be taking applications until May 31, 2023, the link below is where you can find the application to submit with the backup documents for processing.
- Categorical eligibility has been expanded for households:
Categorical Eligibility for Recipients of DSS Cash Programs and Supplemental Security Income (Temporary Family Assistance (TFA), State Supplement Income, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) Refugee Cash, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI))
Any household that is responsible for the heating costs with an individual who receives Cash Assistance (TFA, State Supplement, SNAP, Refugee Cash), or Social Security Supplemental Income will be eligible for a Level 1 CEAP Benefit. This was done to streamline CEAP eligibility to mirror client’s eligibility for other DSS programs.
Energy Assistance Program and Water Assistance Program
Below is the link to apply for the Energy Assistance Program and the Water Assistance Program for the towns covered by The Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut, inc. You can either apply online or call our office to set up an appointment, the deadline to apply is May 31, 2023.
What can I do to help?
Register Today! Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Indesign, Scholarships Available! The Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut, Inc 34 Woodland Avenue, Suite 109 Stamford, CT Register Now! Call (203) 602-8833, ext. 301 Contact Us: Betty Ann McCree...
Free Virtual Financial Foundation Workshop Wednesday, September 21 6:00pm–7:30pm Goal setting Budget Building Saving Money Managing Debt Understanding Credit Register in advance for this workshop:...